DeBrett’s Valentines Day Dinner, from 6pm
Make it a feast to remember on Valentine’s Day at Hotel de Brett in Auckland.
You could just about fly there in time if you were to book quickly. (Check Skyscanner out for cheap flights on Cathay Pacific: currently £1090.)
Imagine sitting under a canopy of stars in Hotel de Brett’s cosy atrium, where you could enjoy five divine courses, interspersed with the top aphrodisiacal foods.
Michelle and her team have researched the top aphrodisiacs, and incorporated as many as they can into a special menu for Valentine’s Day.
At $99 a head, bookings are essential, but don’t worry, if you miss out on the big day, you can still try this enticing new menu for a few more days.
The erotically-inclined ingredients include Waikanae crab, oysters, salmon, quail eggs, avocado, duck, Angus beef, snapper, truffle and chocolate
See the whole menu here.
This delightful hotel right in the centre of Auckland city has just turned two – that’s right two years’ old – and it’s a wonderful place to stay. Full of quirky detail and designed for comfort, I can recommend a stay.
With its bright, striped carpets, luxe beds, and debonair, black-themed bathrooms, Hotel DeBrett offers a boutique experience at a price that won’t leave you weeping over your credit card in a week’s time.
Best of all, Hotel DeBrett is right in the middle of Auckland City, within 40 minutes by car of the airport, and only minutes on foot from the harbour.
Here, you can take off by ferry or yacht for Devonport, Birkenhead and Waikanae, or travel by yacht further afield to the many of the islands nestling in the harbour, the Hauraki Gulf and the Bay of Islands.
February events picked out by Hotel DeBrett
• Headland Sculpture – Matiatia Wharf, Waiheke Island – to 20 Feb
• A Hut of One’s Own – Brick Bay Sculpture Trail – to 31 Mar
• Outrageous Fortune – The Exhibition, Auckland Museum – to 1 May
• Beyond the Darkside – A Pink Floyd Tribute – The Civic Theatre – 12 Feb
• Shakespeare in the Park
• Auckland Lantern Festival – Albert Park – 18-20 Feb
• Max Gimblett, Sumi Ink – Auckland Art Gallery – 21-22 Feb
• Don McLean – Aotea Centre – 24 Feb
• Neil Diamond – Vector Arena – 26 to 28 Feb
• A Day On The Green – Crowded House – Villa Maria Winery – 27 Feb
Hotel DeBrett Valentine’s Day dinner
Monday 14 February from 6pm, $99 per person.
Phone: 64(0)9969 1545 or Email: email@example.com